Monday, March 09, 2009

Ambiance


I found the Ipod application (Touch/Phone) 'Ambiance' in our effort to find music to put our son to sleep with.

iTunes App Store Link: Ambiance

I found it in the Application store and saw that they were offering it for free as a trial offer. It sounded intriguing, and was getting good reviews so I made the purchase (free)

Turns out that this is the most wonderful thing ever for anyone who needs some sort of noise to fall asleep. The developers seem to have thought of every variety of white noise possible.

There is even a snoring option. I can't believe this happens, but if your significant other is away and you can't sleep without their 'natural' rhythms then this should help.

For our experiment I used the 'airplane' setting and it worked great. low level hum of the airplan in flight. The plan is to get our son to associate airplan travel with sleepiness for an upcoming trip. I don't believe this will work but it can't hurt to try.

My wife was amazed to find several 'Fan' noise options that will save us from carrying around a small oscillating fans on any of our future trips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I generally fall asleep to the sounds of Mr. Willard's voice, "There ain't finna bee no Power Points [sic], den what's da point?"